Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apologies

I have had several people mention (or complain) that I haven’t been blogging as regularly as I should.  This cracks me up!  This little exercise means more than just me working through my demons with food and weight.  Other people are not only interested, but really seem to care about what I have to say!  (What cracks me up is not that other people are concerned – just that anything I could say would matter.)  My apologies to everyone.
But, it DOES matter.  I stay on track better when I’m blogging.  If I know I’m going to write about something – I pay more attention to it.  And as my life continues to be crazy busy, it is also a way to keep in touch with dear friends.  So, I am renewing my efforts on the blogging front. 
Part of the problem is that there is nothing new to report on the weight front.  I continue to maintain, which is GREAT!  But I am not dropping any more weight.  I don’t seem to be dropping inches either.  I’m not complaining about that, but just stating a fact.  I’m at a great place, but it isn’t a DIFFERENT place.
No news on my Lulu (the car that was stolen a couple of weeks ago).  At this point, I really don’t expect to hear anything, unless she is in an accident – or involved somehow in a crime.  My heart hurts over that, but I stomped around for a while in anger.  I went swimming in the pity pool.  And now I’m moving on.  I can’t change anything – I can’t bring her back, so what else can I do?  I still do a double take when I see an older white car – but in my heart, I know she’s a lost cause.
I have been thinking recently, more than ever before, about what I would do if I had the money to have some plastic surgery.  Truthfully, it is probable that having the surgery to reduce my arm flab, and the extra stuff around my middle, hips, and thighs would take off enough weight to get me very close to my goal.  Those are pounds that may not come off any other way.  Still – I have come far – and I have no regrets about my choices to date.  I don’t know what the future holds, although I can safely say that the immediate future will not have this kind of surgery.  Am I skinny?  Far from it.  Am I healthy?  Much healthier than I have been for most of my adult life.  It’s a good place to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment