Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Two Years Out

Look at me - I am two years out from surgery. So much has changed in two years. And on top of everything, I'm famous!

I was laid off at the beginning of November. I was truly afraid that I would begin to eat - and undo all of the good that I have done over the past two years. But I HAVEN'T! I have thought about - no question - but I have immediately thought that it won't make me feel better. And through all of this, I have maintained.

I was working at a temp job - and there was a lady who came up to talk to me asking if we knew each other. I didn't know her. A few days later we got to talking during lunch. It came up that we had both had had bariatric surgery. Then she asked if I was on OH - THAT was where she knew me from! How cool was that!

I have been asked if I'm ready to move on - to forget about the surgery. I sure hope not! While I don't have the fears that immediately followed surgery - I do still have to work at this. As a recovering food addict - I will always have to examine what I put into my mouth. I will always have to think about the "why" - and the "what." And there will always be people who have questions for me - either about my journey - or thinking about their own journey.

Do I have any regrets? Only that I waited so long to do this. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment