Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Monday, October 24, 2011

In Sync

No, this blog isn't about boy bands.  It's about sharing a connection with someone.  Yesterday, Dave and I did something that we haven’t done since our wedding…we had professional pictures made.  I must say – for decades now, I have hated having my picture taken!  I hated the fuss – I hated the time it takes – and I really hated the results!  Slowly, my attitude is changing about all of that – and we decided that it was time friends and family had an updated photograph – that shows where we are right now.
A friend took the pictures at a beautiful location – a small, old-fashioned town near where we attend church.  He took pictures up and down the main street and on the nearby railroad tracks.  He is a phenomenal photographer – and has a remarkable eye.  He sent us the raw pictures last night – and asked us to pick three that we particularly liked – and he would work those for us so that we can send them as Christmas presents – then he plans to finish the rest as he has time.  This works perfectly for us.
He sent us 109 pictures – and we have to pick our three favorite poses!  He took several in the same pose – enough to give us a variety of choices.  Dave and I decided to each look at them separately – write down our favorites – and then compare notes.  We zeroed in on the same three pictures!  I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by this – it isn’t the first time that we have independently chosen the same thing from an assortment of options.  Maybe it comes from being married to someone for 17 years.  Maybe it comes from knowing the other person as well as we know ourselves.  All I know for sure is that something that could have taken several hours to compromise on – we finished in a matter of minutes. 
Fortunately, we have also had a “like mind” when it comes to this journey.  Both of us wanted me to be healthy, no matter what it took.  If that meant surgery, so be it.  If that meant changing opinions about what was a healthy amount of food, let’s do it!  If that meant learning to eat smarter, well, it’s part of the plan.  I think the changes in Dave’s mindset have been as dramatic as the changes in my brain.  Great things can happen when everyone is on the same page.
“Finally, all of you, be like-minded, by sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.  Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult.  On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.”  (I Peter 3:8 – 9, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment