Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Having Company

I LOVE COMPANY!  I love when friends and family come to visit.  I love that the house is clean top to bottom (thanks, Dave!)  I love that I get to take a couple of days off work.  I love cooking for people – and visiting with them – and showing them the sights around Atlanta.  I LOVE COMPANY!
Tomorrow – we have friends visiting from Ohio.  We have cleaned the house.  We have planned the menu.  We have made arrangements for fun things to do.  I’m taking two whole days off work!  I can hardly wait for them to get here!  I hope they have a total blast while they are here – and I’ve done everything IN MY POWER to make it happen.  But whether or not they actually DO have a good time – that is up to them.  Maybe they are going through a rough time right now.  Maybe they are dealing with job issues, relationship issues, or spiritual issues.  Maybe there is illness or depression in their lives.  All of those things are outside of my control.
Control is a very big issue for me when I talk about this journey following WLS.  There are many things I CAN control – what I eat, how much I eat, why I eat, and when I eat.  There are many things I cannot control – other people – circumstances – money problems – the list goes on and on.  So I have to work very diligently to control those things I CAN control, and I have acknowledged that there are things I cannot control.  And I have to determine that I certainly cannot let those things beyond my control influence my choices about food. 
The line is distinct between the two sides, but this has not always been the case.  When I let outside circumstances dictate my food choices, I eat the wrong things for the wrong reasons.  I eat the wrong amounts at the wrong time.  It is NOT a pretty picture! 
So, here’s to being in control and to company – two things I really enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment