Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

NSV's

Non-Scale Victories.  The Obesity Help website is really pushing people to think about NSV’s this week.  This makes sense.  The scale is an important tool in measuring progress, but there are so many NSV’s in my life that I decided to list a bunch, in no particular order:
©       My failing heart has improved significantly. 
©       I needed a new driver’s license, because no one recognized me in my old one.
©       My hips don’t stay bruised anymore, because I’m no longer bumping into the edge of desks, etc.
©       No more seat belt extenders.
©       Booth or table at a restaurant?  Doesn’t matter, I’m comfortable in both.
©       I can sit in any chair, arms or no arms – and any seat in a theater, arena, etc.
©       Friends and family who haven’t seen me in a while don’t recognize me.
©       I can be wrapped up in a bear hug – all the way around!
©       My clothing size has dropped dramatically.
©       I don’t feel like everyone is looking at me when I walk into a room or a store or a restaurant.
©       I feel better about myself – wearing jewelry and makeup every day.
©       I can walk and exercise without being winded.
©       I enjoy shopping for clothes – instead of the tents that I used to wear.
©       I can wrap a towel around me, with nothing showing.
©       I can cross my legs.
©       I can see my collarbone.
©       I’m not afraid to have my picture taken any more.
©       People tell me I look 20 years younger.

It helps to take a moment and think about the NSV’s in my life.  It really isn’t all about the scale.  It’s about being healthy and happy and comfortable with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment