Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stuff Happens

If it’s not one thing, it’s another.  No one is immune to the “STUFF” of life.  It can be low self-esteem or regret and guilt over past mistakes.  It can be relationships, or lack thereof.  It can be worries about a job.  It can be health issues or financial concerns.  It can be maintenance of a house or a car.  Everyone has “STUFF” and frequently, it is a combination of all kinds of “STUFF.” 
Many times, we have no choice when “STUFF” happens to us.  We cope the best way that we can, and hope it will be good enough.  We watch friends go through their “STUFF” and are unable to offer a solution.  Sometimes the best and only thing we can do for a friend is just to be there, with a shoulder to cry on or a hug.
While I can’t control the “STUFF,” I CAN control how I react to “STUFF.”  In the past, my first reaction was to eat.  I ate over happy “STUFF” - I ate over unhappy “STUFF” - I ate over all the “STUFF” in between.  I ate until I was the size of a house, and then I kept eating until I was the size of a small state.  Of course, eating like that only added to my “STUFF.” 
I wish I could wave a wand, say the magic words, or get a wish from a genie that would take care of all my “STUFF” and all my friends’ “STUFF” too.  If I could, I promise you, I would do that in a heartbeat!  I would heal relationships; I would heal bodies; I would heal spirits; I would fix everything!  Since that is not an option, I can only say to my friends, “I’m here – no matter what “STUFF” you are going through right now.”  So many people have done that for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment