Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Of Shoes, and Rides, and Football

OK, I admit it; this is going to be a crazy blog.  The only thing these topics have in common is that I have enjoyed all three of these things this past week.
Of shoes,…I have never been Imelda Marcos.  I have a few pairs that I wear OFTEN, and I wear them out.  But I bought new shoes this past weekend.  Actually, I bought a pair, and a dear friend bought me another pair (same shoes, different color.)  They are sweet little flats – with ruffles across the toe.  They look good with jeans or a dress.  And they make me smile.  This is a HUGE change from the men’s shoes I wore when I was at my biggest, and my feet were constantly swollen.
Of rides,…the new (used) car is back from the shop!  I doused the inside with Febreeze, not once, but twice, to get rid of the musty, old car smell.  And then, I went out…just because I could!  First, I went to a football game…
Of football,…I love football.  I like it better in the cool autumn evenings, but even on a hot day in August, I enjoy watching a game.  Yesterday it was a middle school game.  My “adopted” son (remember the “parent for a day” blog?) played last night.  Our team won, and yes, that does make it even better.  The cheerleaders weren’t horribly annoying.  Life is good!
After the game, I treated myself to a lemonberry slush from a local drive in restaurant.  This is a treat that I used to have frequently, but I believe this is the first since my surgery.  It tasted so good!  Part of its appeal was that I was able to DRIVE to the restaurant and get it!  And unlike the person I was BEFORE surgery, this time I just got a medium size.  I sipped on it throughout the rest of the evening.  And I didn’t need anything bigger.  I probably will not go out driving every night.  But it was nice to be able to do that on my first night with the car.
Shoes…a decent ride…football – life is just too good!

No comments:

Post a Comment