Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Why?

Last night at my yoga class, the friend who has helped me so much with my tomato plants brought a five-gallon bucket filled halfway with cherry and grape tomatoes to give out to anyone who wanted them.  I have been enjoying tomatoes from my plants all along.  In a few days, I’m going to have more cherry tomatoes than I will be able to eat.  But did that stop me?  Not at all – I helped myself to several free tomatoes.  (Don’t worry – I let everyone else take what he or she wanted before I took any – and my friend still took home about half of what he brought.)
It was only later that I wondered why I did that.  Is it because the promise of getting something for nothing is so great?  Is it that I just can’t stand to see something go to waste?  Did I REALLY think I needed those tomatoes?  Am I just so used to having much more than I need, that I stock up at every opportunity?  If I’m honest, I’m still not 100% sure why I felt compelled to take some of those tomatoes.  Still, I promise they won’t go to waste – I love tomatoes, whether I grew them or not. 
Today I put on one of the blouses I bought last year with my birthday money – the first shopping expedition after my surgery.  It is made to be blousy – so it still looks pretty good – that is, until I was getting on the van this morning and realized that the armholes are showing my bra.  Not just a little bit peeking out – the bottom of the armhole is BELOW the bottom of my bra band – how did that happen???  At work I am bundled up in a fleece jacket, so I’m not too worried about exposing anything, but still…
Happy Friday to everyone!  It has been a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment