Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Birthday Dinner

Tomorrow is my birthday dinner.  In my family, the birthday person gets to pick anything he or she wants for dinner, and my Mom prepares it to order.  With me, there is seldom any question…I want LASAGNA!  (I could very easily identify with GARFIELD – I love lasagna!)  Add a nice salad, and some garlic bread, and it’s a perfect meal in my book.  Of course, I will only have a tiny bit of lasagna, and a bite or two of the garlic bread (purely in self-defense, I promise!)  What I’m really looking forward to is the family time!  When Mom asked me what I want for my birthday dinner, I really had a difficult time deciding.  Lasagna is a long-time favorite of mine – but the truth is, I would have been happy with anything.  It seems funny, but what I eat is no longer my number one concern.  I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I don’t care. 
I guess that is further evidence that I have come a long, long way.  I haven’t arrived yet – but the journey so far has been incredible!  It felt good today to be able to cross off one of my goals: to be lose the weight that is putting such an enormous strain on my heart.  I’m so glad that my heart has improved.
Happy weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment