Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Great Doctor's Visit

I went to see my surgeon today.  Right now, he is basically just checking the co-morbidities that I had BEFORE surgery.  The hope is that in compiling accurate data, they will be able eventually to convince the insurance companies that weight loss surgery DOES work. 
So, I’m happy to report, that I no longer have sleep apnea – a big deal before my surgery.  I no longer have diabetes – another big deal before my surgery.  If nothing else happened, being rid of those two things will significantly improve my health – and my life.  My BMI has dropped from over 62 to just over 35, nearly in half. 
Yesterday, we celebrated my Mom’s birthday – we did a great big chef’s salad.  Mixed greens, combined with roast beef, ham, turkey, chicken, eggs, shrimp, a couple of different kinds of cheese, and sunflower seeds.  I made a sugar-free cake, and my sister had watermelon.  Plus, we had a blast just enjoying everyone’s company.  So, Happy Birthday, Mom – a little belated!
She bought a sweater that she wanted me to try on.  (If I didn’t like it or if it didn’t fit me – she was going to take it back!)  It is a lovely shade of aqua – with some feminine details on one shoulder.  It fit perfectly, and that is one of my colors!  Guess what – it’s a MEDIUM.  That’s right – Not a plus size, not a XL, not a large – but a MEDIUM!!!  I’m so excited.  I wore it today with white slacks, and I look all summery.  LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment