Title

Walk with me...as I share this incredible journey.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

It’s Tuesday.  Again.  Not much happening today – but it’s another day of life – of living!  And that is worth celebrating!
I brought my second tomato to eat as part of my lunch today.  It’s not big – but it IS perfect – and even better because I had a part in helping it grow.  I can’t wait to bite into it!
The online community I belong to – www.obesityhelp.com – allows members to blog on their site.  I peruse these periodically, and I must admit that I’m still surprised by the number of people who really seemed to think this surgery would make everything better in their lives.  But there are still broken relationships; there are still issues with eating the wrong things for the wrong reasons; and there are still problems in each person’s life.  And reading their blogs, I hurt for those people who are continuing to turn to food to solve their problems.  I feel their frustration and their pain.  I can only hope that one day they will find the key that unlocks them from these chains.  I am so blessed – I had such support – and so many people praying for me.  I don’t how people do this without that kind of love and support.
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you seed the Day approaching.”  (Hebrews 10:23-25, NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment